What is BOTOX® and Xeomin®?
As we age, our skin is affected by sun damage, loss of elasticity due to age, gravity, and environmental toxins. These cumulative effects result in wrinkles and lines on the facial skin that make a person look much older. These wrinkles caused by repeated muscle contraction are commonly called dynamic wrinkles. These types of wrinkles are found on the forehead, the nasal bridge (glabellar region), and around the corners of the eyes (crow’s feet).
Cosmetic intervention with BOTOX® and Xeomin® can be an excellent way to restore a more youthful facial look. Botulinum toxin injectable treatment is the number one cosmetic treatment in the world because treaments are quick, safe, and the results are phenomenal.
Beautiful Results in Less Than Twenty Minutes!
How Does BOTOX® and Xeomin® Work?
BOTOX® and Xeomin® is a purified form of botulinum toxin, which is a neuromodulator known for its muscle-relaxing affects. When injected directly into the muscle, BOTOX® and Xeomin® can temporarily reduce lines and wrinkles by causing the muscle to relax so that the lines in the overlying skin disappear. The calming effect of the injections creates a smoother, more refreshed look. The entire treatment usually takes only about ten minutes and no recovery time is needed.
Injectible Treatment for Wrinkles, TMJ Disorder, and Oro-Facial Pain
What areas can be treated with BOTOX® and Xeomin®?
Dr. Nina-Cecilia Santos offers a variety of injectable treatments for both facial aesthetics as well as therapeutic TMD treatment. We address everything from wrinkles to migraines! Some of her services include:
- Therapeutic TMD: A combination of wet needling and therapeutic injection of masseter, temporalis, and other muscles of the head and neck to address migraines, oro-facial pain, and chronic discomfort stemming from tension of the head and neck, and shoulders.
- Gummy Smile: Overactive upper lip muscles can be relaxed which results in a less gummy smile.
- Brow Lift: The muscles in the forehead can be relaxed, resulting in an overall lift to the eyebrows.
- Forehead Lines: The horizontal lines that appear on your forehead that result from the facial reactions we make when we’re frequently happy or sad.
- Frown Lines: The vertical lines between your eyes which result from frequent usage of the underlying muscles for frowning and other common facial expressions.
- Crows Feet: The lines outlining the outer corners of your eyes that develop from squinting.
- Bunny Lines: The horizontal line that appears on the top of your nose, usually situated right below your frown lines.
- Smoker’s Lines: Also called peri-oral lines, these are the fine vertical lines that appear around the mouth.
- Chin Dents: Dimples and inconsistencies in your skin that appear around your chin.
- Vertical Platysma: These are vertical banded wrinkles that surround the neck.
Visit Maryland's Premier Facial Aesthetics Dental Office
Why choose Dr. Nina-Cecilia Santos?
Dr. Santos is a highly trained cosmetic dentist and facial aesthetics specialist who has undergone extensive training to give you the most beautiful smile and natural facial aesthetics results possible. Her strong dental education through Spear Education, Pankey Institute, and practicing neuromuscular based dentistry for nearly a decade gives her a strong background to diagnose oro-facial pain, and her training through the American Academy of Facial Esthetics ensures that she delivers beautiful and consistent results that you will love! Come visit Dr. Nina-Cecilia Santos and see the Dental Designs of Maryland difference.
Your Beautiful Smile is a Click Away
Explore Facial Aesthetics Services at
Dental Designs of Maryland - Hanover, MD
Revitalize your smile with the extensive options of restorative dentistry at Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD. Reach out to our team today online or at 443.733.6879.