Your smile holds immense significance in your life. It is one of the primary features that captures people’s attention. They tremendously impact your self-confidence and ability to talk to people, network, and socialize. Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD, understands this importance and provides Hanover, MD, with cosmetic dental services to enhance your smile and boost your self-confidence.
Our top-notch cosmetic dental services aim to address all your oral health concerns and give you a perfect, healthy smile. Call us today at 443.733.6879 to schedule an appointment at Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD.
Understanding the Path to Becoming Cosmetic Dentists
But how do you know who to choose? The path to becoming a dentist is arduous, with most dentists first completing four years of college to obtain a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or physics. This is followed by four more years of dental school and a one- to two-year internship. This post-graduate education focuses on an array of topics, including:
- Dental anesthesiology
- Molecular biology
- Oral surgery
- Pediatric dentistry
After multiple grueling rounds of written and clinical examinations, one can be a licensed dentist in the United States. Dentists are also held to strict education standards and required to take a specific number of hours of continuing education for the remainder of their careers to maintain their licenses.
Only after all this can a dentist be free to focus on cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry is not an area of specialization as officially defined by the American Dental Association (ADA), but rather refers to a suite of treatments performed to enhance the appearance of your smile. Any licensed dentist may perform these treatments.
However, that does not mean the quality or results are comparable. Creating a beautiful smile requires equal parts technical skill, biological knowledge, and an eye for beautiful aesthetics. Only a clinician who excels in all three categories can achieve the desired results.
How Do You Choose a Cosmetic Dentist?
When it comes to choosing a cosmetic dentist in MD is an important decision that requires careful consideration. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Credentials – Choose a dentist with proper training and certifications in cosmetic dentistry. Many dentists undergo additional training to perfect their skills in enhancing smiles.
- Experience – As with any profession, experience matters. Find out how long the dentist has been practicing, particularly cosmetic dentistry. Their familiarity with various procedures aids in achieving the desired results.
- Before-and-after photos – Most dentists maintain a portfolio of their work. You can ask to see before-and-after pictures of real patients to gauge the quality of their work.
- Patient reviews – Take the time to read reviews and testimonials from previous patients. Their experiences can provide insights into the dentist’s skill level, bedside manner, and overall patient satisfaction.
- Technology – Modern cosmetic dentistry utilizes leading-edge technology for precision and comfort. Ensure your chosen dentist is up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques.
- Comfort – Always choose a dentist with whom you feel comfortable. A good dentist will always prioritize your needs, concerns, and comfort. This will make your entire cosmetic dentistry journey more enjoyable and successful.
A cosmetic dentist that you can trust is essential for achieving the smile you have always wanted.
Meet Our Cosmetic Dentist at Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD
Dr. Nina-Cecilia Santos of Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD, is a highly trained cosmetic dentist with over a decade of experience in delivering beautiful smiles. She is the premier cosmetic dentist in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. If you are interested in veneers or a smile makeover, please call us at 443.733.6879 to schedule your cosmetic consultation with Dr. Nina-Cecilia Santos.
You will get a chance to meet her and discuss your needs and wants in a non-judgmental atmosphere. You will see Dr. Santos’s amazing work from her digital portfolio. You will get your questions answered about every aspect of making your smile beautiful, aesthetic, and long-lasting. If you are still unsure, we encourage you to check consumer review sites to discover what patients genuinely say about their treatment with Dr. Santos.
Call Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD Today for Your Cosmetic Dentistry Needs
Your relationship with your cosmetic dentist transcends the boundaries of just teeth. You put your trust, time, and money into your dentist’s hands. If you are searching for cosmetic dentistry in the Hanover, MD area, look no further than Dental Designs of Maryland – Hanover, MD. Our team of experienced and friendly professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams. Please schedule your appointment today by calling 443.733.6879 or contacting us online.